• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky remote extension

$lim$hady

Established Member
Hi guys,

My TV is in the lounge, my Sky box is in a cupboard in the garage, I need a device to send the remote signal to the Sky box. I know the 'eye' is supposed to be the device I need but that means a cable across the garage and lough right? is there an option without running a cable?

Thanks.
S.

Rich Marshall

Prominent Member
Hi guys,

My TV is in the lounge, my Sky box is in a cupboard in the garage, I need a device to send the remote signal to the Sky box. I know the 'eye' is supposed to be the device I need but that means a cable across the garage and lough right? is there an option without running a cable?

Thanks.
S.

How do you get the TV picture from the Sky Box, HDMI?
If so you can get these Inject IR over HDMI - Buy online from HD Connectivity

logiciel

There are two problems here.
First you posted about Sky immediately below this request from forum admin not to do so at that location.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/satellite-tv/411852-if-your-topic-freesat-sky-do-not-post-here.html
Let me know whether yours is an SD machine or a HD so that this can be moved to the correct location.
Then you haven't explained how you get the programme from the Sky machine to the TV!
You could do that with a wireless videosender which also sends the remote control back the other way.
If you do already have a HDMI cable for the programme then you need the injector that drivinscool linked.
You've found one of the older IR extenders and there are better ones now.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom