1. We have a team of over 50 moderators working to keep our community safe.Welcome to AVForums.
    Helping with Audio Visual home entertainment since 2000.
    Get help finding the right AV products at the right prices. Get help setting up your AV equipment so you get the most out of it.
    Membership is free. Competitions are free. Classifieds are free. Join now.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + remote does not work

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by lee771, Jul 31, 2011.

1. lee771

lee771 Standard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have connected a sky eye to my sky + box, the rf outlet is on and the light on the eye is on, but my sky remote will not work it, any ideas?

I have a skyHD as well which the remote works fine on, very frustating!

Thanks

2. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,583
    These "eyes" are normally used for sending the remote control back to the Sky receiver from a remote location, where they're connected between the cable from the receiver's RF2 Out socket and the remote TV.
    If you're using it in the same room, try it on a length of co-ax cable, away from the receiver and the TV.

3. lee771

lee771 Standard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My sky box is in the garage and the eye is in another room, cant understand why it will not work. I have 4no other eyes around the house which are working off the sky HD box which are fine.

4. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,583
    You said you "have connected a sky eye to my sky + box" - you actually meant you'd connected it to the extension TV in the usual way?
    In that case it's probably a slight fault in the cable that can easily let the programme through one way but prevent the IR getting back the other.

5. MartinPickering

MartinPickering Well-known Member

Ratings:
    +489