Sky+ remote control seems to be jammed

G

garymartin

My sky+ remote won't work. It has new batteries, the red light comes on when you press a button but there is no red light on the box. Does anyoune no how to fix it or do i need a new control?

neilmcl

My sky+ remote won't work. It has new batteries, the red light comes on when you press a button but there is no red light on the box. Does anyoune no how to fix it or do i need a new control?
Possibly requires the remote code re-entering, there's also a reset procedure which at the moment I can't remember what it is, did you let the old batteries go flat?

EDIT: this might help http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/support/products/article?contentid=195310 - the first part is the reset.

B

Bluevanman

Sounds like the IR receiver on the box has had it. Can you try your remote on someone elses box just to be certain.
neilmcl, there is no need to do anything to a remote to get it to work a box, only for a TV.

ensyed

Novice Member
Hey GaryMartin

Were you able to get your remote problem fixed? I seem to have the same issue
Thanks

SamRadford

Novice Member
Replace the batteries. Do the reset sequence. If that fails to help, try it on a friend's/neighbour's Digibox. If it doesn't work, buy a replacement.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom