1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky remote control problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Barrovian, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Barrovian

Barrovian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Second star to the right and straight on 'till mor
    Ratings:
    +111
    Hi,

For some reason, my sky remote is refusing to operate my Phillips TV, after 18 months of working fine. I thought it may be the batteries, so I changed them, and re-entered the Phillips TV code, but it still refuses to work. It still operates the Digibox, and the Phillips remote for the TV is working, as are the 'multibrand' remotes for my VCR and DVD.
    Any ideas as to why? I suspect the remote is 'knackered'. Is it possible for just the TV side of these things to fail?

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Moving to remote controls. :)

3. Just_Dabbling

Just_Dabbling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John,

Have a look in the sky booklet, after you have entered the brand code for the phillips TV, there is a way of trying severel different Phillips codes.

I can't remeber it exactly but its something like, press TV, then standby, if telly turns of, press select, if not press TV and then standbu again until it does.

The little red light also blinks twice when all the codes for that type of telly have been tried.

I'm at work at the moment so I haven't got the book at hand, but if you haven't post back and I'll find it at home

Hope this helps

4. Barrovian

Barrovian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Second star to the right and straight on 'till mor
    Ratings:
    +111
    OOPS:blush:
    Hang my head in shame. I read and re read the instructions in the Sky booklet, entered codes for my TV (and matsui portable, just to confirm the thing wasn't working) but what did I forget?
    When I got to the bottom of the page, I forgot to turn over and read how to complete the procedure:suicide:
    Everything is fine, now. Sorry about that. Next time I'll follow the advice I'm so fond of giving out, RTFM (Read The F****** Manual)