SKY remote code WANTED

Col

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi to All, I've just changed my digi-box for a Sky+ box and the magic eye won't work so I can't control the other TV that it's linked to. It was ok before and working perfectly on the normal digi-box.
I've activated the RF output and the light is on the magic eye, I've tried all sorts of codes to reprogramme the remote but no joy. Any advice appreciated. Thanks, Col :confused:

you don't control the other TV, you control the Sky box? Unless you're talking about controlling the TV volume etc? Does the remote work in front of the sky box?

Thanks for reply Miss C, up until this morning the remote used to control all the functions on the other tv like channel selection, services and others. The volume wasn't controlled as I'm led to believe that because it's a combi-tv these functions will not work. It was fine before and either of the 2 remotes used to work on either tv. Cheers, Col

you don't control the other TV, you control the Sky box?
That's a statement, not a question, if you're talking about the remote controller in the second room.
There's a cable from the RF2 Out socket on the Sky receiver that takes the channel to the extension TV, and from there - through the "magic eye" - takes the remote control back to the receiver.
You can't control the main TV from the other room, not that you'd want to.
Sky remote controls can be made to control the TV in the same room by inputting a code for the maker's name.
Let's have a clear account of exactly what the setup is, and of the problem that goes with it.

From what I understand from your post is that you now have a Sky+ box with a Remote and you have a second remote that used to control a old sky box (that was not sky+), and you now you want this second remote to control your sky+ box.

To set your second remote to work with sky plus please use the following procedure.

Press TV
Press the select button & yellow button together Until light at top of the remote flashes twice
Press number 1
Press select & the red light will flash twice
Press sky button to return to sky mode

Your second remoter should now be able to control your sky+ box

From what I understand from your post is that you now have a Sky+ box with a Remote and you have a second remote that used to control a old sky box (that was not sky+), and you now you want this second remote to control your sky+ box.

Whereas from what I understand, he has replaced his sky box with a Sky+ box, got a Sky+ remote to go with his Sky+ box, and hasn't put the code into the new remote to control his TV. All this has nothing to do with the Magic Eye, though the OP may not realise this.

But as he still hasn't told us what TV he has, nobody can tell him what code he needs to put in to control it.

Thanks so much for your help on this, as soon as you mentioned press the yellow button etc. I remember doing this some 4 years ago. The system is up and running and I'm over the moon.
The volume doesn't work but I understand this is normal for a combi tv with built in dvd, and that's how I've always used it anyway. Thanks once again, Col. :clap:

Sorry folks, as I'm new to this, the problem was solved by davedrizen who deserves a medal. Thanks also to Miss Chief, Logiciel & Broadz for the response and help. Hope I can return the favour one day. I'm quite good on 230/400 volt electrics, so one day I may be able to assist you. Cheers, Col.

Good to hear you got it working.
You'll have gathered that we've been intrigued by exactly what the problem was, and it would be interesting to know just what the TVs are and how they are connected, and what remote control or controllers you use on them and on the Sky receiver.

Thanks Logiciel, The problem(s) were;
1. Trying to upgrade from a multi-room set up consisting of 1 Sky+Box and 1 digi-box by changing the Sky+Box to an HD one and moving the Sky+box to replace the digi-box.
2. The HD box and Sky+box installation went quite well, but the Sky+box which also has a magic eye to watch another tv on would not operate. The remote controls for the Sky+box wouldn't let me control the other tv.
By using the method from davedrizen everything is fine now.
The tv's involved are; Sony KDL40 W4500, Bush 32FLCD and an Akura NM151 dvd. They are connected via a 4 LNB Sky dish with a HDMi lead from the HD box to the Sony. The Bush tv is connected from the Sky+ box via a 10metre Scart lead. The Akura is run from the lower RF output on the Sky+ box to the tv magic eye system. All remote controls are the original Sky ones with a Sky 'rev 8' standing.
Sorry if this is a little long winded but I'd gladly pass on any further info you require or maybe useful to others. Thanks Again, Col.

Thanks Dave, I'll have to remember that for the future. Nice One, Cheers, Col

It really is helpful to other users to have details like that.
Have I understand correctly, that the Sky+ remote control used to control the Sony but then would not control the Akura?

Last edited:
That's right, the Akura was always linked thru the magic eye via the Digi-box. It is now linked from the Sky+ box and this was the tv I couldn't control until I done what #5 davedrizen suggested. To complicate things more !!
I apparently had a fault on the Sky+ box, it kept losing it's signal and the RF output wouldn't stay 'ON'.
Sky have been in today and swapped the Sky+ box for a HD box and everything works well with NO extra cost. Good service from Sky folks and have told them so on-line. Regards, Col.

That was remarkably speedy action, by you and by Sky. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom