Sky remote - Code for hifi?

brynhh

Banned
I'm aware that you can put a code into a sky/sky+/skyhd remote to control your tv but does anyone know if this can also be done for a sound system? Basically i'd like my sky remote to be able to just control the volume on the sound system.

I doubt it's possible, but i'd thought i'd chance my luck to see if anyone knew.

brynhh

Banned
Anyone got any ideas about this?

Cheers!

clockworks

Prominent Member
Search for "Sky remote volume punch through". There are codes to get many amps working, assuming that your remote's firmware isn't too old. Seems that early Sky+ remotes didn't support this feature.

clockworks

Prominent Member

brynhh

Banned
Cool thanks for the advice. I've looked here Sky+ AV Remote Setup Info but theres no codes for Samsungs. I'm trying to get it working for the HT-XQ100 home cinema, would I just need to try every code on the list on that website? I'm guessing I do and if none of them work then it wont work for my unit?

clockworks

Prominent Member
Cool thanks for the advice. I've looked here Sky+ AV Remote Setup Info but theres no codes for Samsungs. I'm trying to get it working for the HT-XQ100 home cinema, would I just need to try every code on the list on that website? I'm guessing I do and if none of them work then it wont work for my unit?

Found one Samsung code - 0314

If that doesn't work, try googling with different keywords. If that fails, your only option is to try all the 4 digit codes from 0001 up to about 1700!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung & LG UK TV Prices 2023; Amazon Fire TV Cube; Calibration Tools of the Trade + AV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom