1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky remote code for AV8 Remote

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by sticker, Nov 5, 2003.

1. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know the remote code for the Amstrad DRX100. The remote is the standard blue Sky remotes?

My fingers are aching going through all the search codes using pwr & sat !!!

Regards
    John

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi,

Unfortunately the AV8 remote does not contain the codes for SKY boxes. The OEM we get this remote from did not have the SKY codes available as one of the options. You can however program the remote to control a SKY box by learning the commands from your existing remote, this is what I have done on my system. You need to be fairly selective on what commands you learn as the remote does not have that large a memory and will run out of keys if you try to learn everything.

Regards,
    Andrew

3. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andrew,
    Thanks for your reply. :(, just trying to get my system as wife friendly as possible!!!

One cheeky question, is it possible to teach this remote macro operations?

Regards
    John

4. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I don't think you can teach this remote macros. I will check with the OEM and let you know if they say anything different.

Regards,
    Andrew

5. kryten

kryten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I couldn't find a way to do macro commands. The standard remote is now relegated to Zone 2 use only.

Probably best to get something programmable - a well configured pronto makes for a wife/child friendly system :)

6. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Andrew

Kryten, which Pronto are you using? I was think of using a PDA, something like a Dell Axim or the like.

Regards
    John

7. kryten

kryten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I've had the original since a couple of months after its release.

Just bought an RU950 which is even better :)

I use the TV as display device only, so the input on the TV and input on the Amp both need to be 'in sync' which meant programmable macros were required (by my wife!).

Of course, the AV8 has a rather nice serial port on the back which allows full two-way control from AMX/Crestron devices, but they are a bit expensive.

However, I'm currently trying to sort out an 'IR to serial' device as using serial you can do things like:

Select DVD input - Set volume = 30
    Select Sky+ input - Set volume = 20

The AV8 at the moment doesn't remember the volume level between devices, and I don't know of a way to set the volume to a specific point using IR commands (Andy?!).

Arcam supply a pronto CCF file with a load of discrete codes - not sure if they are _all_ the discrete codes though....

8. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi,

Sorry no descrete IR code to set volume to a number.

However in version 3 software you can choose to save the volume and the source with the preset, so you could create two presets one for SAT one for DVD with different volume settings. Then use the decrete codes for the presets and have buttons on your remote that call up preset 1 for DVD and preset 2 for SAT.

You can control the input on your TV using the video triggers, assuming your TV is a SCART TV. QED have a cable for Both S-Video and composite/RGB to SCART which was desinged to work with the AV8 triggers. The triggers supply the CVBS status and RGB status lines that will select the SCART input and switch if between composite and RGB.

All The IR code are listed in the Handbook.

Regards,
    Andrew