Sky+ remote code for 47LG7000.

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Hippogriff, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Hippogriff

Hippogriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hello all,

I have a new 47LG7000 and I'm very pleased with it; it having replaced a faulty Samsung LE46A756. I have run into one little problemette, though... that of getting the Sky+ remote to control it.

I have tried a few of the four-digit codes listed on the various sites, and I have gone through the TV/Power cycle until I get the three red flashes on the Sky+ remote (which, you will know, means it hasn't succeeded with any of the codes), to no avail. I've tried (not exhaustive, I know) starting from 0206 and from 0056.

My Sky+ remote is "rev.6" according to the inside of it. Can anyone confirm if this TV should be controllable by a Sky+ "rev.6" remote control, or whether I will need to purchase a "rev.8" remote from somewhere like eBay?

If anyone has this TV working (or, I guess, any of its siblings in the range) then I would appreciate knowing the code that worked for you.

Likewise, if anyone can definitely confirm that I will need a "rev.8" remote control, that would be useful too. Many thanks.

Cheers, DpM

2. Hippogriff

Hippogriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It is possible I have answered my own question, but I'll record it here in case anyone else finds it useful. I went to Sky.com - Find your remote control code and entered the details of my remote "Version 6 (Rev 6)" the make of TV "LG" and model of TV "47LG7000" and pressed "GET MY CODE"...

The response was: "We have an exact match for your TV model, but this code is not stored on your version of the Sky Remote control. You will need to upgrade to the latest version of the Sky Remote Control to use this code."

So, there you go.

The Sky site provides a nice link so you can purchase these things, but you'll get a better (much) deal from eBay (or elsewhere)... as Sky are offering a Sky+ Remote Control for £19.56 + £3.50 P&P whereas you can get them all-in for £10.99 elsewhere.

Cheers, DpM

3. collynne

collynne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just followed the links provided above by DpM to find the code for my 47LG7000 to program my Sky HD remote. My remote is version 9F followed the instructions on the battery cover of the remote & used code 1293 worked first time. Thanks for the help DpM. Should note the instruction on the Sky web site differ from the Sky HD book & both the web & Sky HD book differ from & the instruction located on the battery cover of the remote. Tried all three but the ones on the remote were the only ones that worked.

Collynne