Sky Remote - AV Switching probs

mjsulliva

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have my Sky+ box attached to my Toshiba LCD via SCART, in to AV1 (RGB).

When I turn on the TV, it switches correctly to AV1.

However, whenever I press either the Sky Blue button, or the TV Guide button, the TV switches to the RF terrestrial channel.

Any ideas on how I can fix this would be appreciated. I had it linked to another Toshiba TV previously and that functioned correctly but I;m not sure if the problem is with digibox, remote or TV.

Thanks, Matt

This happens from time to time when people change their TV sets. The remote still thinks it is working your old set and is switching to the RF channel that Sky was on. Try taking the batteries out and leave them for about 30 mins, then reprogram the remote for the Toshiba.The four digit code is 0156.

That sorted it, thanks very much.

I assumed that as the volume controls on the Sky remote were working OK, it may be something else.

Thanks again, MAtt

A quicker solution would have been to stop the remote switching the TV back to the RF input. :)

This is done by pressing the following buttons in this sequence - 'TV' - 'select' & 'green' together 'til the LED flashes twice - 'select'. It's in the Sky digibox instruction book if you look. :rolleyes:

Bish bash bosh. :D

A. Dork

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom