Sky+ Remote and Sony KDL26U

Bronzewolf

Standard Member
Hi i bought myself a new tv the other day the SONY KDL26U anyway.... my volume button on my sky+ remote is not working and wondered if anyone out there knew the code for it and the sequence to enable it

Thank you :lease:

xP I Deja Vu

Standard Member
There is actually a way you can alter it via Sky itself, it's on one of the SKY info channels like 998 or whatever it is now they introduced those stupid 0001 channels.

OR

Ring Sky :)

Bronzewolf

Standard Member
you used to be able to do it in the system setup under services button but for the life of me i cannot find it..... i got in touch with one technician and he told me the code was 0000 but i cannot remember the sequence of buttons to push... anyone? dont really want to phone sky you wait ages and it costs money

xP I Deja Vu

Standard Member
For Sony it is 0000 and then one of:

533, 038, 039, 064

Depends what TV you have :) Try them and let us know.

To program using the 4 digit code

1) Switch on the TV set

2) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote

3) Hold down the select and red buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice

4) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote again

5) Enter the 4 digit code for your make of TV

6) The LED should blink twice, if not recheck the 4 digit code used and go back to 1

7) Press the standby button on the Sky Remote (The TV should go to standby)

8) Press select to store this setting

If the TV does not go into standby press the TV button then the standby button, then TV then standby, keep repeating this until successful. This will scan the codes used for a particular make of TV.

Bronzewolf

Standard Member
5) Enter the 4 digit code for your make of TV

is that 0000 followed by either 533, 038, 039, 064

so 0000533 ? that is not 4 digits

xP I Deja Vu

Standard Member
Just 0000. Apparently (my friend work's for Sky) there are two ways. Using the four digit code 0000 or the 3 digit code. To use the 3 digit code (which is one of the ones previously mentioned) you use this method:

1) Switch on the TV set

2) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote

3) Hold down the select and red buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice

4) Enter the 3 digit code

5) Press the select button to store

Press TV and any number to test

Q

QED

Sky Movies recommends Sony Bravia - of course it's going to be 0000 :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom