Sky remote and denon 3803

G

gpa

have done quite a lot of serching for the remote code to operate my denon's volume via the sky remote, however have not been able to find anything, can this be done and if so anyone have the correct codes.

cheers

Dont think it can be done, as the remote is for controlling the volume and basic buttons of a TV and seeing as Denon do not make TV's, i would not see the point of putting a code out.

Why don't you program the Denon remote with the sky functions?
This is how I have my 3802's remote set.

contar
how did you manage to get the denons remote to control skybox i have the 3802 and hk507 neither contain codes for the original pace sky digibox , the pace remote sky uses a differant protocol, even the marantz 500 i think its called a do it all remote costs £98 cannot operate a skybox without a special red eye senser,

ps i see you have panasonic sky box not pace digibox my error

Can't remember which code i used, think it was 0188:confused: .
Don't forget to do the VOLUME/MUTE CONTROL PUNCH THRU . It saves you having you press TV first . You can change the volume with the remote still in sky mode ( Very handy;) ).
Regards,
Daran.

God thanks for all the replys guy and gals I'm off to give it a go, will let you know if it works.

cheers

I am sure when I programmed my Denon remote it is a learning remote. I will have to dig out the manual.

Yep Contar you are right. The Denon's remote learns the sky codes (and any others come to that!). I've got mine running all the basic controls on sky...works a dream, when you can remember to pick the 3803's remote up the right way :rolleyes:

M

hi all spent sometime yesterday using 3802 remote to use with pace/sky digibox and another sat-reciever finally got the "gist"of how to use 3802s learning function and am pleased to say that denons remote controls most of the functions of my

tv/sky-digibox-vcr-sat-reciever , i now am using 3802 remote rather than six seperate ones,

can confirm this does work . just done mine.strangel thing, if you dont do the punch through the up and down arrows control the amps volume instead of the volume button,
do the punch through and you can control volume in sky mode.:D :D

if only i could get it to turn plasma off aswell(can this be done)i would get rid of pronto

jmack,
You can get it to turn your plasm off ;) . First programe it to control the plasma, and then do the "HUMMER" bit. When you press TV and off/on your plasma will turn on or off :D :D .
This works on my hitachi.
Regards,
Daran.

cheers whats the hummer bit?

so i do plasma code first?
then i do the denon code?

yes

anyone know what the panasonic plasma or toshiba if they the same ?

I think the Toshiba code is 0156 ahd the panasonic is 0051.
Regards,
Daran

Well gotit working as such but not right, looking for codes that control volume correctly.

cheers

ive allready entered the denon codes. will it matter if i enter panny/tosh ones now

how will i know its worked ? is it a case of pressing tv and then press every button to see if plasma goes off/on
in sky mode or tv mode

do i press tv twice to cycle through to plasma or will it do it on the same page as amp buttons(remote not page)

You will know if it has workes by pressing TV and then the OFF button. If your plasma goes of it's worked.

Jmack,
just noticed you live in cardiff, i live just outside Swansea. Have you had any dealings with 7 oaks in Cardiff ,if so what's they service like ??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom