Sky+Reminders not working!

paul777

Established Member
Reaction score
Sky+Reminders not working! When watching a recorded tv show or anytime+ content and I get my sky+ reminder about programme about to start press select to view etc, so I press select to view and nothing, it does not change channel. Been on to sky they have sent me here Sky+HD | Guide to performing a planner rebuild I have done both and it still doesn't work. This only started Yesterday since the new epg software update happened is anyone else experiencing this? And if not is there anything else I can try.
Thank you in advance

I suspect you have to stop Playback first.

Never had to with the old epg, and no you shouldn't come to think of it mate. It should just be a case of select to view or (R) to record.

It's obviously a "new, improved, feature!" :laugh:

Last edited:
Des that mean that you have a Sky HD machine, and if so why have yon not posted in the sky HD sub-forum?
Yes Sky+HD box logiciel I clicked on the sky+ and sky+HD link before I posted as I remember I done this the last time
and it was you that told me I was in the wrong thread so sorry again.

That's OK - thread on its way to the right place again.

That's OK - thread on its way to the right place again.
Thank's again mate it's definitely sky's epg software that's the problem. You would have thought it would have all been thoroughly tested before the release, they will have to update again :mad:.

....You would have thought it would have all been thoroughly tested before the release, they will have to update again :mad:.

Ha! Anyone in software development will tell you that there are many multiples of time spent in software testing than in the actual writing of tens of thousands of lines of code.............and there will always be some bugs. Just ask Microsoft!

You would have thought it would have all been thoroughly tested before the release, they will have to update again
The odd thing is the way it affects different machines differently - or not at all - mine is fine.

Ha! Anyone in software development will tell you that there are many multiples of time spent in software testing than in the actual writing of tens of thousands of lines of code.............and there will always be some bugs. Just ask Microsoft!

Well there obviously not checking things vigorously. Should have been seen and sorted before release.

Well there obviously not checking things vigorously. Should have been seen and sorted before release.

You have to be joking! If any software developer were to wait for an absolutely 100% bug free programme it would never be released.

You have to be joking! If any software developer were to wait for an absolutely 100% bug free programme it would never be released.
Not aiming this at you Neil But at Sky a thing as simple as that should have been spoted in testing.

Last edited:

.. or even a certain larger supplier of database software beginning with "O" that cost the company I works for several large contracts because of their so-called problem free upgrade to their latest version. It took nearly a year to sort out the mess it caused although they did put together a dedicated team to work on-site with us on the problems, which was something I guess.

.. or even a certain larger supplier of database software beginning with "O" that cost the company I works for several large contracts because of their so-called problem free upgrade to their latest version. It took nearly a year to sort out the mess it caused although they did put together a dedicated team to work on-site with us on the problems, which was something I guess.
Simon I get what you and Neil are saying but Sky is saying there is no problem and want to charge for an engineer visit which I will not be paying ÂŁ65 for something they did. I didn't ask for it so basically is anyone else got this problem too? That is when watching a recorded tv show or anytime+ content and a sky+ reminder pops up about your tv show about to start press select to view and when you press select it stays on the recorded tv show or anytime+content show you are watching.

..... but Sky is saying there is no problem and want to charge for an engineer visit which I will not be paying ÂŁ65 for something they did.........

No they are not. Some "lackey" on minimum wage is reading off a talk sheet and telling you that.
You could use the Complaints procedure via "My Sky", but in reality what are you expecting? Sky probably spent hundreds of thousands of pounds in developing the latest software and then even more in testing it. To go through the process of rewriting certain portions of the programme which will introduce unforeseen bugs elsewhere, for such a "trivial", (not to you, I do understand), bug is just not worth the time and money.

No they are not. Some "lackey" on minimum wage is reading off a talk sheet and telling you that.
You could use the Complaints procedure via "My Sky", but in reality what are you expecting? Sky probably spent hundreds of thousands of pounds in developing the latest software and then even more in testing it. To go through the process of rewriting certain portions of the programme which will introduce unforeseen bugs elsewhere, for such a "trivial", (not to you, I do understand), bug is just not worth the time and money.
Thanks for that Neil I am going to call them up cause I do miss it. I am glad it is not just me which they have been telling me sky are normally at the top of their game when it comes to things like this and I am sorry if I caused you to get annoyed as I think I did when we were talking about software bugs but I was angry at Sky not you or anyone else on the forum. Do you work for Sky Neil?

Do you work for Sky Neil?

I have been retired for the past 12yrs, but in my previous existence I had a lot of experience of software development. (I also set up and managed a Europe wide Customer Support Centre. (Not Sky!))

Last edited:
I have been retired for the past 12yrs, but in my previous existence I had a lot of experience of software development. (I also set up and managed a Europe wide Customer Support Centre.)
Wow good for you mate, I know this is a big question but have you a rough idea how long this would take to fix mate as I am guessing an engineer visit would not help and the answer lies with programmers like yourself.

Sky will not fix just one bug. They will wait 6 months or so and see how many "bugs" crop up. They will then see if it is worth the time, effort and expense to fix any or all of the "bugs". If they do deem it worthwhile, (ie a lot of Customer Dissatisfaction), they might set people on to fix it - 3 months writing code, at least 3 months testing.

Sky will not fix just one bug. They will wait 6 months or so and see how many "bugs" crop up. They will then see if it is worth the time, effort and expense to fix any or all of the "bugs". If they do deem it worthwhile, (ie a lot of Customer Dissatisfaction), they might set people on to fix it - 3 months writing code, at least 3 months testing.
on the phone just now they are saying they are going to get me to download new software.:confused: There only is the one new software:laugh:

on the phone just now they are saying they are going to get me to download new software.:confused: There only is the one new software:laugh:

Yeah. They probably told you they would increase "your" signal as well :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom