1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky recordings dissapearing

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by spook, May 18, 2005.

1. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    this has happened 3 times so far this week
    ok try this scenario:

tonight I set sky+ to record CSI miami on channel 5 (9pm to 10pm)
    I started watching the show from the beginning at around 9.30pm (playback from the sky menu, not rewound using the buffer)

all was well, until around 10.05 when I decided to temporarily stop watching the recording and watch the news on BBC1, now by this time CSI has supposedly finished recording?

the problem is, when I go to watch the rest of CSI the recording still shows up in the menu but has 0% used and will not pick up from where I got to before the news.

the only time this 0% business happens is when I start to watch a program from the menu that is still recording and stop watching part way through, It just doesn't work when I later go to watch the rest of the show?

very annoying

spook

2. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    did a full system reset (services 4-0-1 select) and the machine seems to be working ok now, interestingly it shows 100% free space now when the disk is empty, it was showing 83% before so must have been quite fragmented

spook

3. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Its nothing to do with being fragmented, the disk had got corrupted somehow this is quite common with Sky+.