sky recordings dissapearing

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by spook, May 18, 2005.

1. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    this has happened 3 times so far this week
    ok try this scenario:

tonight I set sky+ to record CSI miami on channel 5 (9pm to 10pm)
    I started watching the show from the beginning at around 9.30pm (playback from the sky menu, not rewound using the buffer)

all was well, until around 10.05 when I decided to temporarily stop watching the recording and watch the news on BBC1, now by this time CSI has supposedly finished recording?

the problem is, when I go to watch the rest of CSI the recording still shows up in the menu but has 0% used and will not pick up from where I got to before the news.

the only time this 0% business happens is when I start to watch a program from the menu that is still recording and stop watching part way through, It just doesn't work when I later go to watch the rest of the show?

very annoying

spook

2. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    did a full system reset (services 4-0-1 select) and the machine seems to be working ok now, interestingly it shows 100% free space now when the disk is empty, it was showing 83% before so must have been quite fragmented

spook

3. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Its nothing to do with being fragmented, the disk had got corrupted somehow this is quite common with Sky+.