1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ recording when power goes down

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by NicolasB, Feb 26, 2003.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Something seems to have changed lately about the way my Sky+ box behaves after a short power cut. I wondered if anyone else has noticed this - which would suggest it's because of a software change - or if it's just me - which would suggest a dodgy box.

What used to happen if the power went down in the middle of a recording is that the box would start recording again as soon as it had powered up and rebooted, and all you would lose would be the section when the power was actually out plus about 30 seconds to a minute of reboot time. What now happens is that it correctly starts recording again, but it loses everything up to the point where it starts recording for the second time. So if the power goes out and comes back up two minutes before the end of the program, you end up with a recording of nothing but the last two minutes. :mad:

Anyone else had this experience?

2. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This happened to me months ago while recording Now and Again one night on ITV - as soon as it booted up it started recording to my amazement. It wasn't until later that I realised it had started again after the power cut but erased the rest:(