• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SKY+ recording programmes on same channel

bri1

Hello,

Has SKY+ for a couple of months now, great box.

One little thing that I have noticed due to seeing part recorded on some programmes or missed starts.

I have recorded consecutive programmes on the same channel, but for some reason rather than just continuously recording on one feed it seems to skip between the two, sometimes resulting in the above, is this normal behaviour for SKY+, it does not seem to make sense.

Is there an option to make sure this happens, presumably if this can be done then the other feed could be used to record another channel at the same time, or if I was recording two channels at the same time would this then not happen?

lowmans100

I noticed this and it is a poor bit of programming in my view, it can't be rocket science for the firmware to recognise consecutive recordings on the same channel.

The only way I believe you can do this is by using the manual record setting

Services > Manual Recording

Not ideal I know, you can also set a Frequency so it will record daily, weekly or Monday - Friday.

I have not tried this but it may also work the 'normal' way if you set the add to start and add to end of recording to 0 minutes (Services>Sky+ Set-up), but if the programme timings are out you risk loosing part of the programmes.

F

Fatwaz

what sky+ does is follow the EPG data from the channel you are recording.so if you are recording say emmerdale from 7.00-7.30 then corrie from 7.30-8.00 if the channel data says emmerdale has finished the box thinks it has but sometimes,particually with itv i find,the program is still going on!its the fault of the channel data which is incorrect

what you can do is change the recording time from automatic at the end of recording to a number you like say 2 mins and the box will record another 2 mins before stopping.

if the channel data was always correct and as soon as a program finished it would say so then this wouldnt happen

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom