Sky+ Recording Problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by pennocip, Nov 1, 2005.

1. pennocip

pennocip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jlkjkj

2. pennocip

pennocip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops: Sorry all, dunno what happened there! :oops:

I was just wondering if anyone could help with Sky+ recording problems. :lease:

I have had the following error messages lately when trying to record and I don't understand why (only had Sky+ for a month):

1. Technical Fault 8
    2. No Signal
    3. Start Missed.

I have also had programs recorded and marked as 'Keep' disappearing before I have viewed them :mad:

Any advice gratefully received.

3. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi pennocip,

So many of us have had these problems since the Sky+ update about two and a half months ago.

It's nearly impossible to get through to Sky (takes some people about an hour) as this software update has caused most of us to be affected. I have had so many failed recordings, loss of dual recording, "no satellite signal being received", technical fault, power cut messages. Also Loss of pause facility. My box worked perfectly the first week I had it (a brand new Pace version 3) bought online then came the wretched update. These problems are intermittent, but one or all are there most of the time. Have a look at the long threads that mention the software update and the pause thread.

Sky is meant to be working on a new update to cure this; that was meant to be end October/beginning of November so we are all sitting tight and waiting for this to happen! Sorry you've had a baptism of fire regarding Sky+. Believe me, I've had it for years and would never be without it, but this update has made us very annoyed. Fingers crossed for perfect Sky+ in the near future!

4. Douzeper

Douzeper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah 4 failed recordings last night!!! not happy!!

Does 4400 get repeated!?

5. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Douzeper,

Me too, the Sky Planner looks pretty dismal with all those FAILED messages, couldn't you spit!

I don't think there's a repeat of 4400. It's normally mentioned in the Radio Times. So maddening when it's part of a series to miss it.

6. Douzeper

Douzeper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cynthia

I have 7 "failed" now, it actually recorded The Bill tonight, as I had to sit and wait on it finishing as EVERY other channel was "no signal" rebooted the box then watched a box office movie, went back to watch The Bill and it said "technical fault" ARGH!!! i watched it recording!

7. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Douzeper,

I found a way yesterday of recording programmes although it may not be foolproof. If I put a programme on the planner to be recorded nothing happens. If I tune into the channel the programme is going to appear on and watch what's currently being shown for a couple of minutes, I then press the Record button for that programme. Then I press the right hand arrow to the right of select and press Record for the next programme and so on until I've covered the later programme I want to record. It's worked every time for me today. You see the red recording light and then I switch off the tv. I don't watch any other channel while I'm recording though, but it's useful for a late night film. That reminds me I'd better get to bed!

Because of planner space of course it's better if you do it a programme or two before the wanted programme. My husband wanted to record a programme on Sky at 8 p.m. and I recorded the programme before it as well as that one and it worked. We watched The Bill on terrestial. Dual recording seems to have gone out of the window at the moment. Maybe you still have that. It does seem to me that you have lost that since as soon as you watched Box Office the Bill stopped recording. It's a real pain!

It's so maddening when you see the red recording light and you think all's well until you look at the planner.

8. Douzeper

Douzeper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that!

I have now phoned Sky and they are sending an Engineer out on Monday, I realised this morning I had no signalon input 2! - doubtfull that is the software upgrade? more a LNB fault?

9. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    "No signal on LNB2" can be an LNB fault, a tuner fault, or a faulty hard drive. Swapping LNB1 and LNB2 connections on the back of the box can help eliminate the LNB.

10. Douzeper

Douzeper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah fo course - thanks for that