sky+ Recording Problems: Sound dropping Out

Timbo21

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All :) ,

Recently I've been getting problems with my Sky+ recordings - should mention I've got an Amstrad fitted with 160gb Samsung HDD. Basically, the sound mutes every few seconds. It doesn't do it on all recordings. I thought it was my Samsung HDD, but I put the original Seagate back in, which was perfect before I fitted the Samsung, and it does exactly same thing. I've done a full system reset & have even tried reloading the software, but none of this doesn't helps.

Has anyone got any ideas what this may be, or experienced similar?

T.

Yeah had the same as well, tends to be on the Movie channels and does it in live play as well as recorded. 1st time I notice was when the Harry Potter Film premiered a while ago,

Steve

Steve,

Do you think it's the new software?

T.

Problem seems to be when using both feeds, i.e. when recording & watching another channel. Both signal inputs seem to be fine.

Anyone else with similar/solutions?

yes i have the same its the laest software update that has done it and as such there is absolutly nothing you can do about it! :mad:

miller25 said:
yes i have the same its the laest software update that has done it and as such there is absolutly nothing you can do about it! :mad:

F**** :devil: :mad: :mad:

Why can't they get it working properly before dumping it on us? I mean the previous software worked fine. It wasn't as though there was an urgent need. They could have given themselves enough time to sort it.

Yes, besides all the failed recordings, etc. I also have the muted sound sometimes. I am watching The Bill at the moment and it's particularly bad. That wretched update has a lot to answer for!

I was about to get a HDD replacement. I hope they pull their finger out and get it sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom