1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ recording problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by 3hilton, Jul 3, 2005.

1. 3hilton

3hilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi hope someone can help...my 18 month old sky+ v2 will not record..when I press record on the remote, the programme is shown as in the planner, but no red recording light appears on the box & when I go into the planner I cannot select the programme as if it doesn`t exist. I have tried housekeeping, full system reset etc. Rather than pay sky £65 call out if the HDD is faulty I would rather upgrade it..Any ideas please?? Thanks

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Take a look at the signal strengths - what are they ? Is LNB2 = 0 ?

If it is, change over the LNB signal cables, is LNB2 still 0 ? If it is, it's almost certain your hard disk has died.

To change the drive, see www.humvee.co.uk/sky.htm

If this is not the case, contact Sky - your viewing card could be faulty.

3. 3hilton

3hilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Nick the signal strength is 50% on LNB2. All programme selections work fine..would a new hard drive cure it? Obviously I don`t want to fit one if there may be other problem(s)

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    No if the strength on LNB2 is 50%, it's unlikely to be the hard disk. You could go to the engineers menu (Services, 4, 0, 1, Select) and try a planner rebuild or master reset, but this could erase any programmes that you have recorded. I assume you've tried a "soft reset" (power down, wait 10 seconds, power up) ? Could still be a faulty Sky viewing card.

5. 3hilton

3hilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have tried a full reset & planner rebuild when talking to sky but to no avail..surely if it is a faulty card then sky should be able to tell me rather than having to pay £65 call out??

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Not necessarily, but you may be able to persuade them to send you another card. If you do pay for a callout, and it turns out to be a faulty card, you should be able to claim the £65 back, because the card is technically Sky's property.