1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ recording Problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by coulsond, Mar 8, 2005.

1. coulsond

coulsond
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently took the plunge and purchased Sky+. I bought it from a local installer as they have taken to upgrading the hard drives before you buy. I figured that that would be a good Idea, the shop has been around a while and I assumed that they would know how to upgrade. I went for the 160gb hard drive, he said that he uses a maxtor 160gb drive for the upgrades.

However, I am having real problems. I don't know if it is the upgraded drive or the sky software, but even though I can record a program and it seems to record start to finish, when I try to watch them they freeze and that is for 90% of all recordings maybe more. and there is no particular time that it happens. It could freeze at the beginning, in the middle or at the end, in fact anytime. I tried to record a program on saturday, it froze before the program started (the box is configured to record a minute before).

I have reset the box a few times by unplugging the mains and holding the left and right nav buttons etc, but no luck. What is the point of having sky plus if I can't record? at first it recorded no problems but that was just the first 5 days.

Has anyone come across this or have any advice as to resolve this issue?

2. trent steel

trent steel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +761
    Hi,
    My freind had a problem like this and suggests you go into the services menu and use a reset feature there, though this will delete all recordings on the hard drive
    Says it worked for him

3. trent steel

trent steel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +761
    sorry, was a bit vague in the last post.
    Go into services, go to system setup
    then press 0 then 1 then enter, this will bring up another menu
    press system reset

Cheers

4. coulsond

coulsond
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    trent steel

thanks for your reply, but I have tried that, as far as I know it is the same as unplugging the box, holding left and right nav buttons and plugging box back in. that also resets the system, forces a software download and formats the drive, which I have also done

5. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The box is faulty, go back to your installer.