Sky+ recording PremPlus

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by D J Fryer, Sep 23, 2004.

1. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have a PremPlus season ticket and occasionally I like to record games. I don't have my Sky+ box connected to a phoneline and never have done - even though Sky installed rather than an independent (no nasty letters yet!).

The annoying thing is that I can watch PremPlus live and record a game after it has started without the box being connected to the phone line. As soon as I try to schedule it to record in advance the box asks to check 'Purchasing Information' and needs to be connected to the phone line.

If my card tells the box I have subscribed to a Season Ticket for watching the games live then why does it not do it for recording in advance?

Any ideas?

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,067
    This is something I'm interested in. I tried to set my Sky+ box to record Premier Plus and it came up with the "Purchasing information" message. I do have it connected to the phone line but stopped it as I don't want to be charged for a phone call just to record a program.

3. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I suspect that when you set-up the recording in advance, the software tells the box to automatically check the purchasing info, in the same way as it does for all Pay-Per-View programmes. By the way - the 'checking info' call is extremely brief, if at all. I've never seen my box actually dialing when it does the check. Assumed the information was sent at a later time during a routine service call. I've also never noticed a Sky call on my bill, though can't say I 've ever really looked that hard either.