1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ Recording Errors

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by thomas884, Jul 20, 2005.

1. thomas884

thomas884

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also having recording difficulties with my SkyPlus. Reocrding does not work via the Planner but will record if I choose direct from screen. When using the Planner as well as not recording it then tells me there is a technical problem on that channel. I then have to power the box off to get the signal back, This happens mainly with BBC1/ITV channels. I have done the housekeeping and also a full system reset ater contacting Sky. Has anyone had this problem or is it a sign that the HD is on its way out?

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    What does the page showing the signal strengths & qualities say ?

3. thomas884

thomas884

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a bar on the first one to about 75% and a bar on second one to about 50%. It says on Input Network ID 0002, Input Transport Stream 07d4, on Input 2 Strength and Quality there is just empty boxes.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Switch over the connections LNB1 and LNB2 at the back of the box. If the signal strength in box 2 comes up, you either have a faulty LNB, or a faulty cable from the LNB. If LNB2 stays at zero, it's either a faulty hard disk or tuner (more likely to be hard disk). Go into the "secret menu" (Services, 4, 0, 1, Select) and do a "master reset". This will erase the hard disk contents !

5. thomas884

thomas884

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    thanks and will try that later when I can get some help to move the TV (broken leg restricts me!). I have done the full system reset again so will see what happens. Will let you know how we get on.

6. thomas884

thomas884

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nick

I turned out to be a faulty dish which has been replaced by Sky today. Thanks for your help and advice
    Cheers

Maureen Thomas :thumbsup:

7. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Glad to be of help. :thumbsup: