1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ : recording consecutive programmes

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Bert Coules, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Is there a knack to successfully recording consecutive programmes on Sky+ on a channel where the start and finish times are, shall we say, elastic?

It mainly appears to be E4 that's affected. Tonight, as seems to happen every week, the recording of Friends stopped before the end of the show - and although the last minute or so was actually present at the top of the recording of ER (which follows) the disruption in viewing isn't exactly ideal.

I have the start and stop adjustment times in the Sky+ setup set to Automatic. Would some specific time setup be better?

Many thanks for any thoughts.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk

2. gtg60

gtg60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    If you encounter this often then maybe it would be worthwhile just setting it to record 5 or 10 mins at the beginning and end in the Sky+ setup menu.

Personally that's what I've done...

Keith

3. chilpillphil3

chilpillphil3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but what if there consecutive programs (maybe on the same channel) like he said?

4. gtg60

gtg60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I think Bert Coules' problem is he doesn't want an interuption in viewing which this would solve, even though the current way he does it still means he actually has the full program recorded only in 2 bits.
    Either way in the 5/10 min lapover you won't be able to watch anything else as it'll be recording both end/beginning bits at once.

Keith

5. Brigadeer

Brigadeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not try manual recording - allowing for start of first and end of second prog...and can still watch another channel.

6. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Thanks to everyone who contributed. Brigadeer: funnily enough, I hadn't thought of using manual recording until the idea hit me just before I read your post. It's the obvious solution.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk