1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + Recording - Clarification

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by raven219, Nov 18, 2003.

1. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    When I went to Stuff 2003, the bloke on the Sky satnd insisted that the new box had twin recording. A friend has just had it installed and says that the function is not there.

Is it or isn't?

Raven

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    It's not there at the moment but it's on the way. Mind you, it's been on the way for along time now and I believe that the latest date for it is early next year.

John

3. Fatbloke99

Fatbloke99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It already does dual record, only not quite in the way you might imagine. If you use the instant rewind function or live pause while you happen to be recording something then you are indeed committing two streams to the hard disc, while replaying one as well. The hard part is as mentioned elsewhere - getting the user interface sorted so punters don't get confused as well as sorting out recording clashes - now much more complicated as you can imagine.

The dual record function proper has been promised for over a year now if memory serves. I seem to recall thinking how great it would be if it was ready for Xmas.....last year.