1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ recording bug/feature?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by cerebros, Dec 18, 2004.

1. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Last night I set my Sky+ to record both episodes of Big Cat Diary on UKTV Documentary starting at 19:00 & 19:30, and to record the Forest Vs Leicester game coverage which started at 19:30.

Got the first episode of BCD no problem, but there must have been a program change or something, becuase the next thing Sky+ recorded from UKTV Documentary was about 3 minutes of something with Adam Hart Davis...

Of more concern was that the footy was only partially recorded. When i played it back, it started 9 minutes into the game! As kick-off was 19:45, this means it didn't start recording until 19:54. what the fudge?

Did I goof by not putting the Sky+ box into standby? Or is the box incapable of handling 2 recordings starting at the same time?

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    It should be able to record 2 things starting at the same time as long as you are watching one of the channels it's recording or it is in standby. Do you have any padding at the end of recordings ? If so there may be have been an overlap causing it to have 3 recordings going at the same time ?

You didn't miss much of the game anyway, apart from the fact that Leicester had 3 chances to be one nil up after 20 seconds ! I've given up on Forest now, we are absolutely dreadful.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The software isn't perfect yet, and you can get the occasional screw-up. The box should be able to cope with 2 programmes starting on 2 different channels at the same time. There's still quite a few "bugs" in the system though - beware of recording two programmes which run sequentially (on the same channel). If you have your box set to add 4 minutes before the start and after the ending time, your second programme (which will be a separate file) will start 4 minutes late, but the start of the second programme will be recorded at the end of the first programme, so be careful not to delete the 1st prog until you've watched the start of the 2nd :cool:

4. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Sorry - are you asking if I'm setting the box to add padding before/after the programmes? At the moment I've just been selecting the programmes to record from the EPG - I haven't touched any other recording settings (only got my box recording yesterday after an engineer's visit following installation a week ago)

5. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    That's probably where I went wrong - the box was left on a different channel when I went out.

Oh well, will chalk it up to experience and remember to put the box in standby next time round.

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The default setting is "Auto" which adds 2-4 mins to the start and end of programmes.

7. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    ah... will have to RTFM and figure out what the best settings will be