Sky + recording and pause live TV

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Oris, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Oris

Oris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a second hand SKY + box and have paired it with my regular SKY card but the recording option doesn't work. Do I have to subscribe and pay £10 pr. month for this (and do I really need to hook it up to the phone line to record ?)

Kind regards,

Confused Oris

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the good news is you won't need a 'phone line (unless you want to order PPV or press the dreaded red button!).

The bad news is you can't use the Sky+ features unless you pay the £10pcm. You get DD5.1 on the movie channels (assuming you subscribe) but that's it!

DaveP

3. Oris

Oris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for valuable info ! Could I also ask you if I must install a second LNB to be able to record using SKY + ? I already have two cables going through the wall in my living room...

Cheers,

Oris

4. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For SKY+ to work you need a different LNB to the one with your standard box,which has only one output.SKY would fit one with 4 outputs so you could use another digibox elswhere in your house.Either way,you need at least 2 outputs,one for what you watch-one for what you record.I suppose a second LNB would suffice.Word is that the £10 a month sub finishes in October.Please note;if you intend to use your SKY+ and have the original digibox on a reduced subscription,both units need to be connected to phonelines at all times-not just for 1 year-all the time.