1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ Recording 2 things at same time

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Jan20, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Jan20

Jan20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Just got Sky+ as part of the £49 deal. Engineer was a complete joke and didn't show me anything. I've tried recording 2 things at the same time and apparantly you can't do it. I thought you could record 2 things and actually watch a 3rd channel. Was I completely wrong?
    Cheers in advance cause I'm perplexed!

2. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should be able to record two things at the same time but you won't be able to watch a third channel while doing it - you have to watch one of the recording channels or a recording.
    If your Sky box is refusing to record two channels at the same time it may have out of date software on it, if you dig through the threads in this forum there'll be an explanation of how to force a software update described somewhere.

3. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Your Sky+ box has two tuners in it which means that you can either record one thing and watch another live or record two things at once. You can record two things at once and watch something that you've recorded too.

If you do try and watch something else whilst recording two shows, you'll get an message warning you that you are about to cancel one of the recordings.

Just have a play around with it recording things that you're not bothered about. It's really simple and you'll get the hang of it in no time! :smashin:

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If you go to channels 998 and 999 on Sky they have continuous feeds showing how to use both Sky and Sky+ boxes - everything you ever wanted to know :)

5. surfdude

surfdude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    (this is my first post! hi everyone!! :hiya: )

Quick question along similar lines:
    What happens if the box is in standby with 2 programmes on different channels programmed for recording later on at the same time.

As the box is in standby (nobody watching anything so no use putting up helpful messages), will the box automatically make sure that both tuners are on the right channels for recording, or do you have to make sure the box is left on one of those channels before you put it into standby?

(hope my question makes sense)

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The box will assign a tuner to each of the selected channels, no worries:)

7. TrevP

TrevP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The box has 2 tuners, therefore, if you want to record 2 things at the same time, you have to have the sky box tuned to one of those channels.

8. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The best thing to do with a Sky+ box is to record everything. Watch stuff you've already recorded whilst you record other things. That way you can skip through the adverts, and no dreaded "red dot" :thumbsup:

9. AndrewJ

AndrewJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    check you have signal on both inputs - my engineer buggered off without checking - plugs were loose on one downlead - signal test page will tell you