1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Reciever Box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by david.jerwood, Jan 8, 2004.

1. david.jerwood

david.jerwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it true that the Make & Model of you sky reciever box makes alot of difference in the quality of sky.

If so what are the differances and what is a good box to buy.

2. wod

wod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    good sky digiboxes are pace 2600 or panasonic 40, 45 in terms of being fast in sky guide

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I can't speak for PQ issues. My original box was some sort of Pace that was replaced with a Panasonic as faulty. I thought the panasonic looked a better quality box & as I am a Sony fan I've always liked Sony boxes (but never owned one). People selling Panasonic boxes on Ebay describe the Panasonic as 'quick & desireable' I think my Panasnic was quicker (ie pressing the remote results in prompter action) than my new Pace + box. I believe unless you're not prepared to wait the milliseconds for a slow box, get the one you like the look of, in both quality & asthetics. Ebays' 2nd hand values I believe give a good indication of 'desireability' If you're getting a new box from Sky I don't know if you get a choice.