Sky+ reception ~ no joy from Sky cust serv

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by hogwash, Aug 18, 2004.

1. hogwash

hogwash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had a twin system fitted last weekend with a plus box and a crappy amstrad freeby box for the bedroom. I thought it was odd that the signal strength was showing (on a clear day) only abou 30% and quality about the same. At the first sign of heavy cloud ..bingo i have lost it and with the heavy rain it is a non starter. sky c/s just said that there are no issues with the network and the problem is the weather , blah blah still have to pay blah blah

i live in south manchester, what should the signa strength/quality be for my area, unobstructed chimney mounted dish , long cable run , standard small antenna

i am not happy :(

:suicide:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Sounds like a pretty poor installation, you should be getting far higher strength/quality readings if the job had been done well and there were no external factors to degrade the signal.
    It's no surprise that at the first sign of bad weather you lost reception.
    It's not possible to say exactly what readings you should get, two digiboxes tried on the same dish/LNB can show different levels but you should be looking at 3/4 levels on both at least.

If the system was fitted by SKY then you have a 12 month warranty, get them back to align the dish correctly.