1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky recently upgraded the boxes!!!!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by DLPGirl, Apr 21, 2005.

1. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky recently downloaded a upgrade to thier boxes. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds20466.html

My box isnt connected to telephone socket. I was watching telly and it suddenly said no "sattelite singal reveived" Could this be because it wasnt connected to telephone socket.

The box is 5 years old first generation Pace.

Any ideas wht the problem is!!!!!

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has nothing to do with the phone line. There is a problem with either the box or lnb.Try putting another box in and see what happens, but with a 5 year old box it is probably time to change it.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The lack of a phone connection makes no difference to receiving the software updates, the releases tend to be model specific and perhaps even postcode/surname catagorised.
    The updates are normally triggered overnight which I guess is to minimise any viewing interruptions.

A loss of signal is more likely a reception problem (weather or transponder fault) or a local issue with your dish/lnb or digibox tuner.
    Since you are looking for another STB (as read in another thread) is it safe to assume the PACE is still not receiving a signal?

4. DannyG33

DannyG33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 1st gen pace box and lately on Discovery real time getting no signal received its only been happening for a couple of weeks ,every now and then,was wondering myself if owt was wrong ...
    dan