1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + received my new card, but...

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Andrew_B, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Andrew_B

Andrew_B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, sorry if this has been covered already.

I got my new subscriber card for Sky plus on Saturday morning, but as you can probably imagine I haven't stuck it in yet because I'm worried about my recordings getting 'lost'. The letter accompanying the card suggests viewing any material recorded more than six months ago, which doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the process.

I know there was a lot of chat a few months back when the 'normal' digibox cards got sent out, but I remember the conclusion was that Sky were not ready to update the Sky+ cards at that time.

Well, I'm sat here looking at one now. Has anyone else changed their Sky+ card already, and did anything 'go wrong'?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Got mine last week and the change over went smoothly, no programs lost. In the DS forum some users have said they did lose long term recordings and that was the assumption for the delay in releasing the SKY+ cards, the extra time allowing us to watch/archive old programs.

3. Andrew_B

Andrew_B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the reply, if only Sky+ had the sense to include the month of the recording in addition to the day, then perhaps I could work out if any of my 'old' stuff is over six months. Oh well, I suppose a precautionary session of archiving to DVD-R is my next step, boring task or what?