• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky - Really stupid question

I

imclueless

Currenly we use NTL but are considering moving to SKY.

My tv and video picks up BBC1 BBC2 etc from the RF output and I watch the other channels via scart.

This means I can record bbc1 and watch Sky Sports. Without having Sky+ would this still be possible or would I need to use an old fashion aerial?

electrolyte

Prominent Member
imclueless said:
Currenly we use NTL but are considering moving to SKY.

My tv and video picks up BBC1 BBC2 etc from the RF output and I watch the other channels via scart.

This means I can record bbc1 and watch Sky Sports. Without having Sky+ would this still be possible or would I need to use an old fashion aerial?
No it isn't possible without Sky+, yes you would need an old fashioned aerial.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
NTL should leave their wall socket active so as long as they broadcast analogue channels then you can make use of their feed.
Surprised me but when I cancelled NTL D and they came to get the STB the guy asked me if I wanted to use the analogue feed and gave me a suitable connector.

Of course with SKY+ you can record the digital satellite BBC1 and watch SKY sports:)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom