Sky + Ready to take that first step!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Lawe, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Lawe

Lawe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well peeps, I have been thinking about making that first step into the world of sky + and feel that now is the time.

But first I need to ask this question, I am on the family package at £19.99 (I think thats the price now) and know that I will have to pay £10.00 for the use of Sky +, but is there package available to me that will in theory wave the £10.00 fee without going for the full monty. I remember seeing about the "G1"? package but I think that this is no more. I will be selling by existing box and will not be moving it.

The other question is Installation. A subject I know is hit and miss but I am not bothered about free installation but I would pay £50 to have fitted in by people that know. Do I go to a specalist? Are these quicker than ringing Sky? Or do I go to Dixons (not on a Saturday!) and get it from them?

I hope you people can help and thank you for your time :smashin:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    You still should be able to take the Family pack with SKY Sports1 and SKY Movies 2 for £29 a month which gets you the SKY+ fee waived, that's a 50p a month saving on the Family package and SKY+ fee alone.
    However SKY removed the full package price lists which make me wonder if along with the G1 package they have tweaked the prices.

An authorised SKY dealer should match the prices that SKY offer over the phone and you may get a better installation. You would certainly pay more by going to an independent dealer but again hopefully you get what you pay for although it has to be said a few bad installers have tarnished the name of all SKY installers.
    Dixons can offer SKY+ as they are a dealer for SKY, not sure if they have their own contracted installers or just pass on the details to SKY and then they arrange installation and time.

3. Lawe

Lawe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers for the information.
    I had to go shopping with who needs to be obeyed and noticed that Dixons had Sky + for £198.00.
    I will have to have a talk with them to see what they do about installation.