Sky Rant!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by FullFat, Jan 19, 2008.

1. FullFat

FullFat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    We moved house 16 months ago to a new place and cancelled all the sky services at the old house. When we finally got settled in the new house we re-subscribed to Sky taking HD and all the channels.

I recently noticed on our bank statements a charge for £10 going out and I assumed this was the HD charge but it wasn't. Sky hadn't cancelled the SKY+ subscription at the old house so were still charging us £10 a month for that. They've taken a total of £150 out of our account :mad:

I spoke to customer services and was told

1. if you can't remember the password to the account then we can't do anything! (this was after giving them every account detail under the sun apart from that.

2. After gaining access to the account I asked why are you taking the money
    they said it was because I had a sky + subscription still. I explained again but just kept hitting "the sky+ subscription is still active".

3. Moving on to a supervisor some 30 frustrating minutes later I was offered a £60 refund! Or if I wanted to try to get the rest of the money I'd have to write to head office.

4 1 week after emailing head office from the email address registered with the account I get a one liner saying what's the password:mad::mad::mad:
    Without that they won't do anything. Why not ring me using the contact number they have.

5 Responded back again and a week later nothing.

I love SKY and their services but their customer service is a joke. I'll have another couple of hours on the phone later today now.

But if anyone has moved house and restarted sky just check those statements carefully!

2. Member 79251

Member 79251
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    How did you cancel the services when you moved ?

3. Miss Chief

Miss Chief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    The password thing is a pain in the ass but it's only proper DPA guidelines. If someone can confirm to me their DoB and mothers maiden name then i don't mind so much about the password, ut they are only following correct procedures. I suggest you go to www.sky.com/contact and explain the situation. if you cancelled your sky sub fully then the Sky+ sub should never have been left active. I'm sure they'll sort it out!

4. Member 79251

Member 79251
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    You sure you don't want to remove that comment ? As its your job you should be doing 100% checks regarding DPA for 100% of the time. :suicide:

5. FullFat

FullFat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Could understand that if this was a live account not a dead one from 16 months ago. I gave the account number, mothers maiden name, address, post code, etc. Even when I explained that they were still taking money for a cancelled account it was just "sorry can't do anything".

I understand all about DPA guidelines but it doesn't apply here. I wasn't asking for any DPA protected information just that they stop taking money out of my bank account.

To say no password nothing doing in this situation is just ridiculous.

6. FullFat

FullFat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Cancelled by phone but I'm sure we got a letter confirming it too, I've just got to find it.

7. Member 79251

Member 79251
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    See if you can find the letter and it show say what they canceled, that why you can give them a reference. I know its a pain but this seems to be the only way Sky work. Its the computer says 'no' society.

Just stick to your guns and ask for a full refund, if you can find that letter it will be even better for you.

8. Miss Chief

Miss Chief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    We have a 'matrix' that tells us what we can't and can do if there's either no password on the account or the person I'm speaking to either isn't the account holder or is and doesn't know the password. One thing we can do is troubleshoot technical issues. If there's a password there and the person doesn't know it I'll usually ask for DoB and mothers maiden name. if they still can't get either of those then I still access the account but they get no info on the account.