• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Sky+ RAM upgrade??

Rommel

Standard Member
Hi All,
Had a Pace Sky+ V2 box for about 18 months now. Looking at the possibility of upgrading the internal RAM with a view to getting better performance (maybe faster responses etc.).
The datasheet from Pace suggests it's possible.
Box has 40Mb (?) of SDRAM, but an upgrade to 128... hmmm?
Anyone else done this? If so what type of RAM did you use? :lease:
Any comments much appreciated, ta
Si

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Rommel said:
Hi All,
Had a Pace Sky+ V2 box for about 18 months now. Looking at the possibility of upgrading the internal RAM with a view to getting better performance (maybe faster responses etc.).

You mean it is'nt fast enough for you. :confused:

Rommel

Standard Member
Was hoping to try and improve general performance, sometimes I get a bit of a pause on menus and channel changeover etc. -nothing more than a second or so, so not overly worried.
Was thinking it might be like a PC, generally the more ram the better... but it doesn't seem to be a subject ever mentioned. Don't know if that's because it's not necessary or worthwhile.
Thanks

B

Boy Lex

I'm pretty sure if you gave it more ram it wouldn't know what to do with it... A PC looks at how much ram you've got when you switch it on. I wouldn't have thought the sky box would do that - it would be an unnecessary process.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom