1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Radio and RP TV

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Jingy, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Jingy

Jingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba rear projection TV connected to Sky Digital,
    my question is that I like listening to some of the radio station on sky digital but am concerned about creating a burning effect on my screen which I understand occurs if a still image is projected on to the screen for long period of time.
    Is it possible to listen to the radio in any way without having the TV on..i.e through an Amp.
    Is it better to have the contrast and brightness high or low to reduce the buring effect ??

2. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Is it possible to listen to the radio in any way without having the TV on..i.e through an Amp.

Perfectly possible and a good idea. What make is your Sky digibox? It will almost certainly have two phono sockets at the back which carry the sound output. Connect these to an amplifier and off you go.

Given a listing magazine for programme details and a good memory for the channel numbers of the radio stations you like listening to, you don't need to turn on the TV at all.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk

3. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Definatly lower the contrast and brightness, burn in can occur very quickly on RP tv's with it set too high and a static image. Do as Bert says and connect it to an amp and then turn the tv off.

4. Jingy

Jingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that I will give it a go.
    My Sky Digibox is Philips.

5. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Jingy, I'm pretty sure the Philips Digiboxes have audio-out sockets; you should be fine. And you'll almost certainly get better sound too.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk