1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Question

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by PFM, May 27, 2003.

1. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    We already have the Sky Digital Hardware installed and we currently have the free view card as sent out by the BBC.
    How do I upgrade to a subscription package without Sky trying to turn up with the hardware box?
    Have looked on the Sky site and cannot find out the info.
    We want to upgrade to the Sky Entertainment Package - Family Pack @ £18.50.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I don't think you can upgrade a FTV smartcard.
    Just ring the SKY number (08702 404020), tell them you want to subscribe and you are not currently a subscriber and they will send you a SKY smartcard and contract (12 month min term). If you have never received a subsidised install deal before you are entitled to new hardware, you could order online for £1 and have a month on the £38 package and then the remaing 11 months on the £18.50 package and you will have a spare digibox to sell.

3. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You phone Sky and say: "I already have a Sky Digibox installed. Please send me a Second Hand Subscription form".

They may ask you for details from the menu screen (Version number and serial number) so be prepared.

4. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Cheers folks

I had a sky digital account a few years back, and then cancelled it an moved house (to another location who already had the sat dish installed and left it there as part of the deal). Since then I've not used anyhing other than the free to view card I obtained through the BBC telephone no...

what do ya think...

5. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi PFM

should be as simple as phonin em up and saying yourve moved in to a house that has the hardware installed from a previous owner and wish to re-subcribe, if you give then ya last adress too they can just update your details and ya MIGHt get a discout of some sort for re-joining, all ya need is the info fron the box installed and they`l send ya a new card.

lee

6. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    How about talking to a friendly local dealer pay the £40 for subscription let him install the new box to your old dish, you will then have a spare box which you put in another room with your free view card. If your dealer is really nice he will run the cable into another room for you especially as he does not have to mount the dish.