Sky+ question

mij

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) If I get Sky+, I have to pay £10 a mth subscription.
What do I get for this, and what happens after the first 12 mths are up, can I stop paying the £10 and still use the box as normal. (Can I subscribe to the £16 package only and still have the Sky+ work as normal)

2) I have subscribed to Sky for 6 mths (£16 package), can I replace my current box wih a Sky+ box, or do I have to have both.

Cheers
mij

Originally posted by mij
1) If I get Sky+, I have to pay £10 a mth subscription.
What do I get for this, and what happens after the first 12 mths are up, can I stop paying the £10 and still use the box as normal. (Can I subscribe to the £16 package only and still have the Sky+ work as normal)
2) I have subscribed to Sky for 6 mths (£16 package), can I replace my current box wih a Sky+ box, or do I have to have both.

The £10 monthly is ongoing, unless Sky change policy.
After the first 12 months you may stop paying and use the Skyplus+ as a normal digibox, including 5.1 out. No record capability.
To have Skyplus+ you may choose any Sky package or even no Sky package ( Free- To-Air ).
Your current box may be moved to another room, or used in same room as an additional source for recording. You will be offered a Mirror/Skyplus+ subscription combo @ £15 per month. If you negotiate differently, well done...
What do you get for your £10 per month for Skyplus+ ? I look at it as a small price to pay for an easy to use, high quality picture and audio recorder, although obviously would rather pay a one-off " lifetime " payment.

Thanks for the reply, if I am understanding you correctly I still have to pay the £10 on top of the £16 I currently pay for the package, with no option to only have the 1 box and if I stop paying the £10 after 12 mths I lose the ability to record.

cheers
mij

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom