Sky question

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by evolution400, Apr 4, 2005.

1. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I currently have Sky digital I use a HCPC solution so I have no need for sky + however the boxex are better spec i.e they have s-video output which will be ideal for my HCPC and optical out to go straight to my AV amp.
    If I purchase a used sky + box will my viewing card work or do I have to then pay for sky plus ?
    If so wheres the best place to get them ebay ?
    what models are good bad etc.
    Thanks.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You can use a SKY+ box as a "normal" digibox without paying the £10 a month subscription and the s-video and optical output work just fine, the subscription is free if you subscribe to two or more SKY premium channels.

You may have to get the smartcard married to the SKY+ (just as you would with a normal digibox), a simple call to SKY will do this.

The PACE version2 box with the latest software seems to be just fine, the Amstrad depending upon model can have certain picture quality issues. It may be worthwhile spending a bit more and buying a new PACE from an online dealer, warranty may bring some piece of mind.

3. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks a lot for answering the question.
    I may wait a bit as I here that sky are dropping the price to new customers £49 fo digibox so that may reduce used price value as more people sign on.
    Anywhere on this froum that sells used sky + boxes ?