SKY+ Question Series links

bri1

Hello,

Just had Sky+ installed, all very good so far.

I was wondering with a programme that you have series linked, once watched if you delete it does the series link also become deleted, or are you just supposed to leave the watched programme on the list?

The manual does not seem to cover this.

Thanks

InvisibleDuncan

Hello,

Just had Sky+ installed, all very good so far.

I was wondering with a programme that you have series linked, once watched if you delete it does the series link also become deleted, or are you just supposed to leave the watched programme on the list?

The manual does not seem to cover this.

Thanks

Once you've recorded the first episode, you should see that the next one comes up on your planner automatically. Deleting that before it's been recorded will delete the series link, but deleting anything that's already been recorded (watched or not) won't affect the rest of the series.

fortean

Sometimes you will also find that the next programme is broadcast more than 7 days later; series link will still pick it up though.

The longest gap I've seen for this is between series one and two of Stargate Atlantis. I didn't know series two was back until it appeared in the planner again.

bri1

Hello,

Thanks for that, I have deleted a watched programme that is weekly and had a series link option previously, the next one has not appeared, when I highlighted & set record now for next week a series link option does not happen, have I mucked it up? :eek:

InvisibleDuncan

Hmmm... unlike Fortean, I've found that if there's significantly more than a week, it loses the link and I have to re-enter it. Guess he's been lucky!

I think it all depends on the boradcaster in question providing the correct link information. Some of the channels can be a bit hit and miss. If the new episode you've put into the planner doesn't have the series link option, it'll be because no link information has been provided - it's not something you've done. That would probably also account for it dropping off your list in the first place.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom