1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ query

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ajb, Sep 14, 2003.

1. ajb

ajb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all

Have searched all the FAQs I can find and one question still escapes me with Sky+...

I have my Sky box fed to all the TVs in the house. Say my pa is watching live football in one room off the Sky box, can I watch something I recorded off Sky to the Sky+ box? Don't suppose so...

Thanks for any assistance
    Andrew

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Nope, SKY+ has two tuners but one feeds the internal hard drive so the unit will only ever output a single channel via it's RF/Scart and s-video connections at any one time.

To watch two seperate channels you will need two digiboxes each with independent access to an LNB and if you want to watch a second subscription channel you will need another smartcard. The new deal means SKY+ users can get the mirror subscription for £10 a month instead of the current £15.

3. bop

bop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have no idea if this would work as i have never tried it , but what if you connected the second tv to the vcr scart on the digibox and then pressed copy on the recorded program??

4. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    No, that doesn't work. The output on TV and VCR SCART sockets during a Copy operation are identical.