Sky Q with 3rd Party Broadband Advice

chrisloudon

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone had any top tips with using a 3rd party broadband suppliers alongside a SkyQ system?

Since I live in a rural area, my broadband connection tops out at 10Mbit however, a local company is offering 40Mbit fixed wireless which I have tested at at a neighbours and while there is increased latency, I'm not an online gamer so its a no brainer.

I have a main Sky Q box feeding a further 4 Mini boxes. All internet connected devices except phones, tablets and laptops are wired and I use the mini boxes wireless extender facilities to help coverage.

Should I remove the Sky router from the equation completely or use my new router as a modem only and feed that into the sky router?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

neilball

I used a P-t-P wifi service for my broadband, and use my own router/network with Sky Q Silvver & Minis with no issue, but they are using wired ethernet to my network rather than wifi connections. I have customers with similar wifi broadband from other providers who likewise have no issues with Sky Q TV setups (although they are also run over wired ethernet as part of my network deployment for them).

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
I used SkyQ with BT router for years, no issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom