Sky Q voice control with Harmony Elite?

MyronAub

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a Logitech Harmony Elite remote control to voice search/control a Sky Q box?

teeveedee

No. There's no mic on the remote for starters. It will control a Sky Q box quite happily but you cannot voice search. You can use Alexa or Google Assistant to trigger Harmony activities using your voice, including specific Sky Q activities, but that's about it.

MyronAub

you cannot voice search.
Thanks, that is disappointing. I already have a Harmony Ultimate which works great but the lack of voice search is becoming increasingly frustrating... first world problems!

Pug72

I've added search to long press of the Guide button, works great.

Also a good tip is to add a sequence of your pin number to a long press of the OK button.
So much easier than swiping to the numberpad faff.

Want another? Lol, add an up, right, right, right, right & play sequence to a long press of the forward button to skip most of the ads.

teeveedee

Now those are some GREAT ideas... I must do all that this weekend, the PIN number faff is a right pain. Thanks for this!

MyronAub

I've added search to long press of the Guide button, works great.

Great minds think alike, I'd done exactly the same.

add a sequence of your pin number to a long press of the OK button.

Now that's genius! I recently downloaded and watched the new Cobra TV series and the unnecessary pin entry for every episode was so annoying. Fantastic suggestion. :smashin:

add an up, right, right, right, right & play sequence to a long press of the forward button to skip most of the ads.

Very clever, just tested this and it works a treat.

Pug72

I've quite a few set up.
The DVR button does the necessary steps to navigate to recordings with one press.
Likewise with my favourite channels list when I press Guide.

Chris5

I have an Alexa command that winds forward @ 30x and another one that stops FF and winds back 3 seconds and then plays (3 seconds is Alexa delay)

rufffneck

Novice Member
Sorry to hijack but seeing this is a recent active thread I thought one of you might be able to help me.

Had Harmony remotes for years. Just got a new Sky Q box and I can’t get my Harmony Elite/Hub to control anything.

I’m adding it as manufacturer “Sky” and model “Q”. It adds a device named “Sky DVR” but nothing works.

I’ve tried using model as “Sky Q” which again adds the Sky DVR device but nothing works.

What am I missing here guys?

Chris5

Mine says ‘Sky’ as manf. and model as ‘Sky Q’ do you have to enable Infra Red remote as apposed to Radio?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom