What was the outcome from the engineer's visit? I had Sky Q installed on Monday (V2 box). It locked up about five minutes after the engineer left. I updated the software to Q112 and still have the same problems. Strangely, it tells me that there is an update available after updating. Engineer due out this week.
It doesn't tell you there's an update. It says you can apply the latest update (which you already have).

It doesn't tell you there's an update. It says you can apply the latest update (which you already have).

After you have applied the update and restarted the device, should it still say that an update is available and let you select and download it again?

SkyQ.png

That is the latest version. It always gives you the option to "update" but does not tell you if/when a new version is available.

That is the latest version. It always gives you the option to "update" but does not tell you if/when a new version is available.
Thanks. When I said it tells me an update is available, I meant it gives me the option to update. Most devices tell you that you have the latest version rather than let you update so it confused me.

It strikes me that there is a bug in recent software updates as everyone's Qs seem to be crashing. Our brand new v3 box has locked up twice within a couple of days of installation.

Best thing to do when installing the new boxes is to do a full hard reset, then update the software it stops the lock ups.

HERE is a solution to most vibration problems. They really work. I have them all over the place. No annoying hums, groans, grunts etc from anything.

Thank you for sharing these little feet.

I tried them under my Panny UHD player first and they are effective. I've put them under everything now, PS4 Pro and Sky Q, as well as the UHD player.

It appears Sky now are offering an option to upgrade to a HDR box for £50. I predict a lot of faulty boxes being reported......

Question to v3 2TB box owners, have they fixed the DD+ sound dropouts issue that I have with my v1 box?

Installed a new soundbar, so now Sky Q goes HDMI into SB and then HDMI into TV instead of TV optical out to old SB. Problem is the sound dropouts are now more pronounced (and more irritating) as the SB is decoding DD+.

ive gone from a V1 box to the V3 fitted today and the LNB exchanged...i was looking in the set up menus...and their is no option to enable 10 bit UHD only 8 bit???? now before anyone asks my tv is fully HDR/HLG 10 bit enabled..but the option is not even there too choose in the sky q set up menu's or let me choose options...anyone else see this?

ive gone from a V1 box to the V3 fitted today and the LNB exchanged...i was looking in the set up menus...and their is no option to enable 10 bit UHD only 8 bit???? now before anyone asks my tv is fully HDR/HLG 10 bit enabled..but the option is not even there too choose in the sky q set up menu's or let me choose options...anyone else see this?
My V3 shows 10 bit

The only video out resolutions in the latest software are...
576p
720p
1080i HD
2160p UHD 10-bit

The only video out resolutions in the latest software are...
576p
720p
1080i HD
2160p UHD 10-bit
What I'm saying is, its not a selectable option, as it doesn't appear in the list.

what is the lastest firmware. as my box has only been fitted this morning, the hdr/hlg works a treat though

edit: just updated the software to version 112. - still wont engage 10 bit uhd only 8 bit uhd..getting error code UH021 which i know relates to the sky box thinking my tv isnt 10 bit enabled..its going through my receiver, but that was no different than my V1 box which was a problem displaying and engaging the 10 bit option.

edit: solved it now by going through the settings one by one on my tv... (although i don't have access to most of them with the tv being calibrated. i suspected it might be something relating to the deep colour settings, and sure enough that is the culprit.

Last edited:
I finally had my faulty v1 box replaced this morning with a v3. I had to wait for two weeks to get an engineer appointment and when he arrived last week, he was adamant that he only had v1 (Silver) boxes in his van (that is what they are still installing - Unbelievable). After several calls he could not locate one nearby, so had to order one. I then received a new appointment for 17 August but I emailed him and his manager on Friday, and they "sourced" a box for me! Anyone would think these are gold dust ;)

Happy now but as a customer I should not have to fight for what I am paying for. Picture quality is definitely better too. Does the v3 have an internal fan - when mine updated and rebooted, it sounded like a fan increasing in speed and then normal again. Runs a lot cooler too.

Box replaced this morning. V3 he said. Silver trim. Really noisy. Hardware 32B0__. Grr.

They all have fans.
Pretty sure that my old v1 didn't - it was extremely hot.

Box replaced this morning. V3 he said. Silver trim. Really noisy. Hardware 32B0__. Grr.
They must have a big stock of v1 that they need to get out there asap, before the ££ upgrades to v3 will be offered. :devil:

Managed to Sky for a free SkyQ upgrade from a V1 to V3 2TB. HDR looks lovely on the Lemur documentary.

Managed to Sky for a free SkyQ upgrade from a V1 to V3 2TB. HDR looks lovely on the Lemur documentary.
How did you manage that? I've a replacement 2TB coming from Sky tomorrow (current v1 2TB sometimes won't come out of standby) but have no idea if it's be a v1,2, or 3. How can you tell what version you have as the courier is supposed to take the old unit away so I'll have to swap it very quickly.

V1 has silver trim. V2 external power block. V3 all black and no external power block.

V1 has silver trim. V2 external power block. V3 all black and no external power block.

Sure this is accurate? I have a SkyQ 2TB with silver trim, but no power block, that has HDR enabled.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom