Sky Q upgrade?

ussjtrunks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I’m in Ireland I have 3 Sky had boxes atm with multi room

1. How do I contact sky to get upgraded to sky Q
2. What’s the cheapest way to get the 3 boxes 1 main box for 4k and 2 mini boxes

Phone Sky or do an online chat via the webpage or the Sky app if you have it.

Do I need to equipment to be installed or should the feeds coming in be sufficient?

New LNB required.

Should the feeds be fine I have 2 going to the hd box is replace with the main? Also any idea why you need a new lmb?
Does it matter why? You still need one.

Do you need a specific box for 4k hdr or do all new ones support it? And is 4k sports streamed over the internet or a channel on the guide?

Q uses a different type of LNB which the fitter puts on the dish in replacement for the present one.
As Captain James says it doesn’t matter why.

Do you need a specific box for 4k hdr or do all new ones support it? And is 4k sports streamed over the internet or a channel on the guide?
All the new boxes support UHD HDR.
UHD sports is broadcast over satellite. It doesn't have a specific channel - you either use the red button on the normal channel or find it in the sports section of the menu.

Entertainment/movie content in UHD HDR is downloaded over the internet.

Can you record of the uhd broadcasts?

the hd channels on the 55” look abit soft so it’d be a great upgrade for F1 and premier league (I don’t think by sports 4k is on sky though)

Can you record of the uhd broadcasts?

the hd channels on the 55” look abit soft so it’d be a great upgrade for F1 and premier league (I don’t think by sports 4k is on sky though)
Yes, you can record the UHD broadcasts.

BT Sport is only in UHD if you subscribe via BT - then you get access to their app.

Which version of the sky q box does this deal come with? I need sky on 3 tvs at once do I need the 2tb box?
8756EA18-66DD-4A20-926C-0F10621DD3A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Sky are currently only supplying the 1TB box (2TB is out of stock), but both versions support up to 4 minis, 2 of which can be watched at any time (along with the main box).

So the one in the offer supports 3 tvs at once at once if so I might aswell go with, the main box and the 2 minis are free and my bill goes from 180€ to 150€

Ok I ordered it but my future bills are saying multiscreen is charged twice is that an error?
A2A2B7CA-E749-41FF-913A-A00038D164BB.jpeg

Personally, i would hold off upgrading until the sound drop outs are fixed. I think you'd likely get one of the newer boxes (V3) and the sound drop-out issue isnt going to be fixed until the next firmware release (QR16). Source: HDR v3 box not fit for purpose (sound cutting out)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom