SKY Q Upgrade

g1dtf

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have just managed to get my installation date moved forward to 24 December using the online calendar. I have however not yet received my new viewing card, how long before installation date have people been receiving there new cards. I will ring Sky tomorrow to try and find out whats happening. Also once the new card is activated is the old card turned off immediately or is there a few days grace where I can possibly view some of the recordings still on my HD box that I have not had chance to watch yet.

Thanks

Andy.

You don't necessarily need a new card , it depends how old yours is , the installer should have some on the van as well , mine did ...

Have you asked for a hybrid lnb to be fitted ? ...

You only need a replacement card if your existing one doesn't begin with a 7 or an 8. If required a replacement card should be timed to arrive a few days before install, otherwise people loose them. If the card doesn't arrive in time the installers carry spares which they can use.

Once the replacement card is activated your old card will remain active for a short period of time afterwords. However after the Q install, unless you have the Hybrid LNB installed you won't be able to use the old box.

I have asked for a hybrid LNB (mentioned it when ordering) as I also have Freesat. I was told to ask the installer as they usually carry them. As for the card its an old white one beginning with a 4 so guess I will need a new one.

Last edited:
Apparently the engineers carry cards with them too so I wouldn't worry too much. My new card arrived about a week before installation.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom