Question SKY Q UHD Signal issue

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MV Owner, Aug 30, 2018.

1. MV Owner

MV Owner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All,

When watching live Sky Formula 1 in UHD (live TV not downloaded), I am regularly experiencing an intermittent interruption of the signal with a screen that states 'there is a problem with your satelitte signal your recordings and on demand service may still be available'. This message remains until the UHD signal is available or it switches to HD.

The above doesnt su Forums rprise me to be honest as I have a neighbours tree which in windy weather causes pixilation so I assume this is contributing to the above message. The neighbour is unwilling to address the issue and I cannot reposition the dish.

Does anyone believe a distribution amplifier could help rectify this and if so perhaps they could recommend one which is capable of distributing UHD.

Cheers

MV

2. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,168
    Then you have a problem :D

An amp is very unlikely to help, you can't recreate what isn't there... if it did work it would only be a short term solution. Trees tend to grow...

3. TJT1

TJT1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,086
    The only real solution is to either trim the tree or move the dish. If the neighbour won't oblige, why is it not possible to move the dish?