Sky Q UHD/Dolby Digital + LG C1 OLED + Sonos Arc

Dermot

Novice Member
Reaction score
As anyone got this setup; Sky Q UHD/Dolby Digital + LG C1 OLED + Sonos Arc with no lipsync issues. I don't have any other HMDI inputs to worry about. There are many threads but not sure of it related to AV issues, or older non eARC TV resulting the Video ahead of the Audio.

I am about to buy a LG 65C1 and want to make sure I don't need to look into getting more a complex setup with HDFury Arcana etc...

I have asked this exact question on the C1 thread and the Arc thread here recently and haven't had a reply. I've bitten the bullet and have now ordered a C1 which should arrive this week and I can let you know how it goes.

For context, I current have a C7 + Arc and that does require an Arcana to sort out the audio sync issues with Sky Q DD, but I'm really hoping I can ditch it when I get the C1!

I've not had any sync issues with eARC on my C1 connected to my Samsung HW-Q86R so it seems to me that the TV can seemingly support lipsync properly at least with some devices. :)

I know that information is not necessarily all that helpful, but my suggestion would be to maybe also look for answers on the Sonos forums in case it's an issue with the soundbar firmware. The lipsync feature relies on all devices in the chain accurately reporting their processing delay.

To be honest, I'm kind of suprised neither of you have gotten any responses to this yet, seeing as how I've lost count on how many times I've seen SkyQ mentioned here. :D

I haven't forgot this thread, but Costco have really taken the "10 working days delivery" to the max, so my C1 is finally arriving on Thursday, but in all likely hood I'm not going to have a chance to set it up until Sunday.

I haven't forgot this thread, but Costco have really taken the "10 working days delivery" to the max, so my C1 is finally arriving on Thursday, but in all likely hood I'm not going to have a chance to set it up until Sunday.
May not be Costco, might be their delivery partners.

I bring tiding of good news! (mainly*)

55" C7 is now swapped for a 65" C1 and is set up with Arc (+sub & surrounds) connected via eARC. Arcana removed and HDMI-CEC turned back on on Sky box (was off with the Arcana as it screwed everything up). I can confirm I see no audio sync issues with Sky Q. Currently watching the football in 65 inches of glorious HLG HDR 4k with Dolby Atmos sound :)

*I do seem to have sync issues with Atmos content on Netflix, but I'm not that worried as I haven't had a chance to fiddle with it and I feel people would be shouting about it if this was a common issue.

I do seem to have sync issues with Atmos content on Netflix, but I'm not that worried as I haven't had a chance to fiddle with it and I feel people would be shouting about it if this was a common issue.

Ok, think this was a false alarm - seems to be an issue with the particular programme I was testing as everything else I've tested seems OK, and this programme is also off when I tried it on the old C7 via internal speakers now. Bit strange as it certainly wasn't off when I watched it previously (it is Chef's Table).

Any serious issues with the C1?

I'm thinking of picking up the 48" from John Lewis.

Last edited:
Any serious issues with the C1?

I'm thinking of picking up the 48" from John Lewis.
None that I've come across.

If you're used to the previous LG smart tv interface than that feels like a bit of a retrograde step, but the previous OS was considered well ahead of the competition, so I don't think it's going to be any worse than other manufactures.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom