Sky Q to TV and Projector

mfp2gosling1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have Sky Q connected directly to my tv but when I want to watch it on my projector I have to unplug the hdmi cable from the tv and connect it into the back of my processor.

My processor (Emotiva EMC2) has 2 hdmi outputs so I guess that I could use eArc but when not in use my processor is switched off so not sure if signals would still pass through to the tv when the processor is switched off at the plug. Cable from the processor to the projector is a 10mtr fibre optic hdmI.

Can anyone recommend a 4k splitter that works with SkyQ and should the splitter be 50hz rather than 60hz?

Cheers

Last edited:
“a 10th fibre optic hdm”?

Oh dear, that’ll teach me to proof read before I post, auto correct strikes again.

hdml?:D

Aha, you thought I’d made another spelling mistake, but you’re wrong, out of the four letters “h”, “d”, “m” and “I”, “I” is my favourite letter so I decided to write it in upper case to highlight that it’s my favourite.

I'm assuming you power off the processor at the plug to save power that being said a splitter that would supply a signal to your pj would still need to be powered, so little too no saving is achieved, using passthrough and standby would get what your after without any further electronics.

Yeah, I tend not to use the projector through the week, usually just the weekends so don’t see much point in all my AV kit being left on standby during the week but the main reason is that at the moment I can turn my TV and Sky box on and off using the Sky remote but why I tried using pass through before (over a year ago so my memory’s a bit sketchy) I couldn’t turn the TV on or off with the Sky remote, so had to dig out the tv remote as well.
I thought a splitter might keep things simple, I’ll have another look into using ARC and eARC.
Thanks for your reply.

ARC and eARC would only be useful if your sending audio back to your processor from a TV app.

Yep, just watched a couple of YouTube videos on ARC to refresh my memory.

All I want to do is take the hdmi out of the Sky Q box, put it into a splitter and take one cable to my tv and another to my processor. The tv and projector will not be used at the same time.
Surely someone has bought a 4k splitter before that is capable of doing this And that they would recommend?
I used splitters before I upgraded everything to 4k but the issue seems to be finding a splitter that works with the Sky Q box.

Amazons have dozens of them.
Pick two or more and send back those that you don’t like!

Yep, just watched a couple of YouTube videos on ARC to refresh my memory.

All I want to do is take the hdmi out of the Sky Q box, put it into a splitter and take one cable to my tv and another to my processor. The tv and projector will not be used at the same time.
Surely someone has bought a 4k splitter before that is capable of doing this And that they would recommend?
I used splitters before I upgraded everything to 4k but the issue seems to be finding a splitter that works with the Sky Q box.
Did you find one that works with a sky Q box? I've tried a couple of EZCOO ones and they work for a while before causing dropouts. Thanks.

No mate, I never found one that worked properly, what I’ve ended up doing was connecting a HDMI extension cable to the back of my receiver and when I want to watch SkyQ on the projector I disconnect the Cable from the TV and connect it to the extension cable which works perfectly. Not a big issue as I have to disconnect the TV and move it out of the way to use my projector anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom