Sky Q to LG E7 to Sonos Arc Lip Sync

ZimmerMac

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, have received Arc and all set up, have Sky Q inputting into HDMI 1 with DD+, LG E7 TV set on AV bypass and HDMI arc into Sonos Arc and lip sync is a disaster but only on Atmos content, slightly better on 5.1 and fine on normal.

Anyone got any solves? Otherwise its going back.

Which sonos do you have?
Does the sonos have 2 HDMI ports?

Sonos Arc, nope only one HDMI input...could do optical but then whats the point as no Atmos

Just looking at the specs your tv won't output atmos via hdmi as its ARC not eARC which is required for atmos. You could try digital optical direct from the sky box this should remove any delay incurred when using arc.

If your not too attached to the sonos then the Vizio soundbar that's just been reviewed would work.

Thanks Razy, it does output Dolby digital plus over arc. the signal is getting through and the app is showing it is Atmos, it is just out of sync. No issue on Netflix Atmos content through the app. So frustrated

ARC can carry the maximum audio output from SkyQ which is Dolby Digital Plus and any associated Atmos metadata. You can adjust lip syn on SkyQ. I find SkyQ very stable on UHD programmes that carry the Atmos data. Netflix via Sky doesn't have Atmos nor HDR.

I don't know anything about Sonos so forgive me if I'm wrong but could you connect to the Sky box via HDMI and then HDMI out of Sonos to the TV?

Thanks gibbsy, very kind. I have Apple 4K for streaming and that works awesome, sounds great, looks great, all Atmos.

Unfortunately Sonos in their wisdom didnt go passthrough and only have 1 HDMI input. Sky Q works direct to soundbar passthrough to TV, but not via TV back to soundbar, and sound is after vision so cannot tweak back.

I cannot believe there isn't a solve.

Alternatively if there is an Atmos separates solve that sounds phenomenal but doesn't look like a monster then I am all ears (excuse the pun)...(I cannot have speakers behind me due to room structure)

Am now wondering if i should go Sennheiser Ambeo

Or Samsung q80 or 90.

Dear all, multiple users with similar setups but other TV brands have the same issue. I have LG OLED and Sonos Arc. Also for me the sound with Sky Q is out of sync. All other devices like Fire TV etc. work with now issues.
The Problem only lies with Sky and their stupid Sky Q box. They are not able or better willing to solve this problem which is out there more than 2 years now. Just embarassing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom