• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Sky Q single cable installation

k0s7as

Novice Member
I am in the process of ordering Sky Q but I have a question regarding my current setup.

Currently I have a dual sky LNB connected through a Global Invacom Stacker and one cable runs inside the house. Inside the house I use the Destacker to get two cables.

Does anyone know if I can simply wait for Sky to upgrade my LNB and use the Stacker De-stacker as previously or do I need something like a universal dCSS LNB? There is no way to have a second cable as the existing cable runs into the extension and is buried within a wall. Therefore I need to have a single cable installation.

I would appreciate any help!

Abayomi

I am in the process of ordering Sky Q but I have a question regarding my current setup.

Currently I have a dual sky LNB connected through a Global Invacom Stacker and one cable runs inside the house. Inside the house I use the Destacker to get two cables.

Does anyone know if I can simply wait for Sky to upgrade my LNB and use the Stacker De-stacker as previously or do I need something like a universal dCSS LNB? There is no way to have a second cable as the existing cable runs into the extension and is buried within a wall. Therefore I need to have a single cable installation.

I would appreciate any help!

I do not believe that Stacker-Destackers work with the Sky Q system. I have a single feed system fro Sky Q but it comes off a multi switch via an adaptor which takes four feeds off the multiswitch and converts to two separate Sky Q feeds I only need one

But in you case you only have a dual LNB

So the options are as I see it

1) The Sky installer to fit a Sky Q LNB and rerun the dual cables required to the location of the Sky Q box some how! . Which you basically have said you do not want or

2) remove the stacker -destacker from the cables in the house
Join the two cables where the Stacker-Destacker was so you have two cable runs
fit a Universal dCSS LNB at the dish. This will use a single cable so you just find the correct LNB feed one from pair that runs to where your Sky Q box is. Change the Sky Q box to single feed and you should be ok.

Like I said I use single feed and it was not an issue for the Sky installer. I had prepared all the cables etc beforehand. In your case if you have the Universal dCSS LNB pre-installed then get them to fit crimped connectors on the cable join where the Stacker-Destacker was to give the best "join" as you do not want to run new cables!

Have a look here they describe in more detail what I have written
Sky Q with a Single Cable from the Satellite Dish

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom